Monday, March 10, 2014

The World of Watercolour Competition - passed the first selection stage!

I think you can imagine how thrilled I am to find that one of my two paintings "Tea And Sushi" and "Exuberance" that I submitted has passed the first selection stage of this amazing world wide competition that has been created by the finest watercolor magazine in the world, "The Art of Watercolour" which is published in France and distributed world-wide. Nearly 2000 artists from all over the world submitted two paintings each.

Here is the link if you would like to see the magazine issue which featured my still life paintings in September 2013.  http://issuu.com/diverti/docs/taw12 .You will see that this is a highlight of their next three months of writing and programming - sadly you can only see the table of contents without buying the magazine -but I am on page 88 and I'd be happy to show it to you when you visit my studio.

I've just received the latest issue and my name was among several of the ones published out of the artists who have moved to the next phase of selection. Being included with this group of the top watercolor artists in the world is an incredible honor and I am just about as happy as I can be!.Here is "Tea And Sushi" which won the Daniel Smith award in the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour in Toronto last year.

Please stay "tuned" for news on the next step in the selection process.

No comments:

Post a Comment