Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Painting in the Maine North Woods

Every year I teach a painting workshop at the site of Frederic Church's remote camp on Millinocket, Maine. It's like stepping back into the late 1800's (except that there is a generator if needed). The camps on right on the lake, looking straight at Mt. Katahdin, our iconic and sacred mountain.




When the weather is good we paint Katahdin, but what to do when it rains! Well, we do very well. There is always a blazing fire in the enormous fireplace, a teapot is ready, we are toasty and warm, and it's just lovely - here's an example of my demonstration during a rainy afternoon.
If you'd like to read more about my workshops, please visit my website: http://www.evelyndunphy.com/
where you can find out all the details. Or just send me an email at artist@evelyndunphy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment