Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Open House; Artist Evelyn Dunphy


   Annual Open Studio 
December 7, 10 - 6  
December 8, 1 -6
(we've decided to stay open later so you'll have lots of time!)
contact me for details and directions
artist@evelyndunphy.com

                           
It was a surprise to wake up this morning to snow on the ground! It does put one "in the mood" for the season, though. I'll be thinking of you as I prepare for my annual December Open Studio; it's always such a treat for me to have you come to the studio.

As always, there are special surprises for those who bring food for the food bank, and that lucky one who has their name picked to win a giclee print. I want this weekend to be a celebration of enjoying good company, anticipating the holidays and perhaps taking home a piece of art which will enhance your home for years to come.  

My warmest wishes,
Evelyn




                                    
Gardenscape, Peonies
original watercolor
         
Some of us love snowy winters, and some of us just long for the first signs of spring that means summer is on the way. Peonies bloom in our garden about the third week of June. I picked these and put the pitcher on the stone wall thinking I would take them indoors to paint. When I saw how the sun lit them from the back, turning the white petals to blue, I knew this was the place to work. 

Featuring a full size limited edition signed giclee print of this painting
 described as "a show-stopper" in the exhibition "The Mountain Rises"
(there are 2"Artist's Proof" prints still available)

                                    
                            Snow Falling on Katahdin
         
This image is a very special one for me.  It's a "memory painting"; as I describe paintings that I do in the studio from memories of places that are dear to me.

This painting is included in David Little's beautiful book "Art of Katahdin" and was exhibited in the University of New England's show "The Mountain Rises".

Please send an email to artist@evelyndunphy.com to order a print in plenty of time for Christmas. 
Helping our Neighbors

Everyone who brings a donation of non-perishable items for the Food Bank will be given a certificate for a percentage off of any purchase of an original painting, or Giclée print. We've offered this every year, and the generous response has resulted a large number of boxes of food. So do remember your donation, and find a special gift for yourself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment