Friday, December 13, 2013

Home in My Cozy Watercolor Studio



The display racks have been folded up, painting tables are back in place, and I’m ready for my day in the studio. There’s a painting on the easel waiting to be finished and a lesson in progress for the class who comes tonight. The roads are icy so it’s a good day to be home in my cozy studio and I hope by tonight the driving will be alright.
Another Open Studio weekend has come and gone. It is always just the most enjoyable and rewarding time.  Old friends, people I see only once a year at this event, and others that I keep in touch with but see infrequently. When I say that that is what this event is all about, I truly mean it. By Sunday evening I am so encouraged and infused with a sense of well-being from all of the wonderful energy that each of you bring into my studio. As I told one exuberant friend who lavishes me with extravagant compliments “I believe every word you say”!  Well, I love it, but don’t we all know that the next day at work is a new beginning, and today I’ll be right back hoping to bring something of merit to this piece of paper. Of course, we bring all of our accumulated knowledge and experience as well, and yet – every painting, every short story, every novel or invention, every day at the office offers new opportunities along with new challenges. It’s good to be able to trust that there is hope that we’ll be able to do something worthwhile.

So I thank you all for your enthusiasm and kind words about my paintings. It means so much. And knowing some of them are now hanging in your homes is really a thrill for me.
One very great bit of news: as you know, each year at this Open Studio, I offer a 15% savings to everyone who buys an original painting if they bring a donation to the Food Bank. Each year we have collected a substantial number of bags of good quality food. This year, along with the food, we also took a cash donation of $200.00 thanks to your generosity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Wishing you a good day wherever you are, and whatever you will be doing.


Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment